Search This Blog

Monday, April 15, 2013

The best eats and must visits in Big Bend area

So after spending the entire 4 day weekend in Alpine, Marfa and Marathon I was able to sample some of the best food I've had in a long time. All in the most unlikely of places.
These are the places I found and I know there are more, and I can't wait to return to try more.
So, without further ado check out the places and the food:

Best Day-after breakfast(Magoos - Alpine):


Best nicey/pricey dinner (The Gage - Marathon):
Six of us rolled in, got the full menu (pre-dinner shot, pre-dinner coctail, appetizer, entree with wine and desert or appertif) and walked out of there spending $100 each after tip.
I felt it was a bargain for the quality that was provided..so good.

One of the most yummy coctails and it's ingredients:

Best late night munchies run (Grilled Cheese Emporium - Marfa)
The place opens at 11pm to serve some of the most amazing grilled cheese sandwiches you will ever have..
I suggest getting the pulled pork one..simply devine and just what one wants after a day and evening of drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment